Monday, September 14, 2009

Cyclocross

Gonna give Cyclocross a try again this season. Gonna ride the Bianchi SanJose Awesome bike V2.0 . Did two races a couple years ago on V1.0 before it was reallocated by and to another individual. One issue with my bike is running a low enough tire pressure but at the same time avoiding pinch flats. Flats for anyone in a 45minute race are a killer, but for me they are worse because my wheel set is a bolt on solid axle. With this setup I will not be able to change a tire very quickly. To rectify this concern I am going to try a Stan's No Tubes setup for cyclocross together with some Hutchinson Tubeless cyclocross tires front and rear. Ordered both and will set up and report when they arrive. Got everything for the price of $115 including shipping. From what I hear the tubeless setup allows for excellent traction and very good pucture resistance. We'll see.



Walt

No comments: