Thursday, January 14, 2010

ACL reconstructed


Had my surgery yesterday at 1pm or so. This is my right knee ~ 24 hours later. "Looking good" says the orthopedic surgeon and I have to agree. It does look pretty good . Not as swollen as I thought it would be. The night after the surgery was kind of rough. Groggy and slightly off balance. I felt sketchy on the crutches. Sarah would trail behind me , ready to catch me. I waited as long as I could before I got up to go to the bathroom. Eventually when I was able to urinate and was finished I then brushed my teeth . After finishing I got extremely nauseated. I rested my head against the wall and attempted not to fall over. Successful in that my wife eventually prodded me in to taking a medicine for nausea which worked immediately. I then high tailed it 'crutch style' back to my bed.
Today feeling "good". Was able to do my 100 daily push ups and put weight on foot using the crutches with ortho doc's blessing. I go to physical therapy tomorrow and start the work.

No comments: