Wednesday, August 20, 2008




Back from 24 Hours in the Sage. Achieved 2nd in the Solo Singlespeed division, putting in 16 laps for ~ 206miles. Got lapped by Dereck Fish a little after dawn. Rode with him for about 30minutes before I wasn't able to maintain his pace. This was my second 24 hour attempt. Having done the same race last year but had some GI issues. Exceeded my goals,( finishing strong, riding consistently, limiting down time, and averaging under 1:30 per lap).


Next day we rode the course once more myself, Sarah my wife and support crew, and Sally and Bob Irmiger. It is amazing how fast you regain your fine motor skills.
Gunnison is a pretty awesome place. Nice and laid back it seems. Mitch Fedak puts on a great race and staying at the Gunny KOA was again a pleasure.
Walt

No comments: